How to request permission for a worksite
Direction de l'Expansion Économique
9 rue du Gabian
MC 98000 MONACO
Ms Nathalie NARDONE :
(+377) 98 98 83 52
Fax : (+377) 92 05 75 20
Opening Hours : from 9h30 to 17h00 from monday to friday
Principle and conditions
Companies, craftsmen or sub-contractors who are not established in Monaco and who wish to carry out work on a public or a private construction site must notify the Monaco Public Services (Business Development Agency) of the nature of the work, the location of the site and the duration of the intervention.
The application procedure will differ according to the expected duration of the construction site: whether it’s expected to last more or less than 48 hours.
If the duration of the work is expected to exceed 48 hours, you have to be allowed to intervene on site.
You are requested to submit an application and obtain prior approval from the Administration before any work can commence.
The authorisation will be issued within 4 weeks minimum (except for compressed air work in which case the waiting period is approximately 2 months) from the date the complete file is received.
In light of the social security agreement between Monaco, France and Italy with regards to the posting of workers, temporary worksites cannot exceed 2 years in duration. Beyond this period; the creation of a business entity on the territory of Monaco is required.
For worksites that do not exceed 48 hours:
You are requested to send a document to the Business Development Agency by fax or by letter, detailing the date and location of the worksite and include an estimate or letter ordering work, signed by the client and written in French, which must mention the total amount excluding taxes.
Formulating the request
You must formulate your request in French on a paper document that includes the company letter-head to: His Excellency the Minister of State (please note that fax and email are not accepted) stating:
- The nature of the work
- The full name and address of the work site
- The duration of the work
- The name of work site manager
- If the work is being performed by subcontractors, please include the name of the subcontracting company.
A template can be downloaded here Modèle de lettre type pour demander une autoristation de travaux (355-0043_01-2010)
Collating the documents
You must provide 4 files containing the following documents. Please note that failing to provide the complete set of documents will render your application void.
- The request in French, written on the company's headed paper, addressed to His Excellency the Minister of State
- An extract of the registration in the commercial register or of the Trade Registry; dated of less than 3 months
- A professional certificate delivered by the OPQCB (the professional body for the Building and Construction Trade) or a proof of business identity such as the Certificate of Professional Identity (CIP) or professional references
- An estimate or letter ordering work or a copy of the subcontracting contract, signed by the client and written in French, which must mention the total amount excluding taxes
Special cases requiring additional information:
- For all interventions that will run for three months or more, please include the full list of personnel that is seconded on site
- For compressed air work, please include the copy of the certificates of hyperbary, a valid identification document and a medical certificate delivered by the National Institute of Professional Diving (INPP) for each diver
- If the property where the work is being carried out belongs to a Real Estate Holding Partnership, please provide a certificate of registration of the aforementioned REHP issued less than 3 months ago
Submitting the application
Four copies of the complete file must be submitted to the Business Development Agency.
Incomplete applications will not be processed.
Foreign companies, other than French companies, are obliged to contact a tax representative in Monaco. A list of these representatives is available at the Department of Tax Services (00 377 98 98 81 17) or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Formulating the request
You must inform the Business Development Agency of your planned intervention stating the date and the site where the work is to take place and include an estimate or letter ordering work, signed by the client and written in French, which must mention the total amount excluding taxes.
Submitting the request
The request must be sent by fax or letter to the Business Development Agency and include an estimate.