How to process tax refunds if you are a retailer
Direction des Services Fiscaux
57 rue Grimaldi
MC 98000 MONACO
Department of Tax Services :
(+377) 98 98 81 21
(+377) 98 98 81 22
Fax : (+ 377) 98 98 81 55
Opening Hours : from 9h30 to 17h00 from Monday to Friday
Principle and conditions
From 1 January 2014, every retailer who occasionally or regularly process tax refunds must use the online PABLO procedure provided by the French Directorate-General of Customs and Indirect Taxes.
This mandatory procedure has been introduced to validate export sales forms. Indded, travellers who normally reside in a non-EU country may, under certain conditions, benefit from a tax exemption when making purchases (VAT-free shopping) in the Principality of Monaco.
The online PABLO procedure allows retailers to issue sales forms immediately for purchases which benefit from a tax exemption.
In order to continue to offer the benefit of this tax refund to your customers, you can manage the refund procedure yourself by using the PABLO-Independents online procedure (issue of forms, filing, follow-up…).
This online procedure is available on the PRODOUANE website: https://pro.douane.gouv.fr Access is free for independent retailers and a minimum amount of equipment is required: a computer, a printer and an Internet connection.
Note: if you would prefer not to use this online procedure, you can employ the services of a tax refund operator who will offer PABLO-compatible solutions and manage tax refund operations (reimbursement…).
Registering for the PABLO-Independents online procedure
In order to take advantage of this online procedure, you will need to create a PABLO user account.
To do this, you will need to:
- Open a Prodouane account, by applying to the Economic Action Centre of the Alpes-Maritimes Regional Directorate of Customs and Indirect Taxes:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: +33 (0)9 70 27 87 28
- Web: https://pro.douane.gouv.fr/RUSH/fiche_service/default.asp?acs=126.96.36.199.16.
- Compléter et signer un formulaire d’adhésion à la télé-procédure (disponible sur le site des douanes françaises PRODOUANE - Services disponibles - Pablo https://pro.douane.gouv.fr/wdvisu.asp?id=89&bm=T89 )
You will then receive an email inviting you to activate your account in order to confirm your registration.
Issuing PABLO forms
To provide your customer with a form, you need to:
- Go to the website https://pro.douane.gouv.fr
- Log in using your password
- Click the PABLO-I button to access the data entry fields
- Complete the form to create a sales form
- Validate the form within the application
- Print the form, which includes a barcode and PABLO logo, and give it to your customer
Please contact the Department of Tax Services if you require any further information or assistance relating to this procedure.