How to request support for a cultural project
Direction des Affaires Culturelles
Le Winter Palace
4, boulevard des Moulins
MC 98000 MONACO
Department of Cultural Affairs :
(+377) 98 98 83 03
Fax : (+377) 93 50 66 94
Opening Hours : from 9:00am to 6:30pm from Monday to Friday
Principle and conditions
Support for cultural projects is aimed at all amateur and professional artists or associations in the Principality who would like to undertake a cultural project, which is of interest to the Principality, which contributes to promoting Monaco’s image abroad, or which showcases multidisciplinary collaboration initiatives.
This support is intended to help complete projects during the current year which lack the input required to bring them to fruition.
To be eligible, the project must:
- Be of a cultural nature
- Have no commercial or profit-making purpose
- Be of interest to the Principality
- Or contribute to promoting Monaco’s image abroad
- Or showcase multidisciplinary collaboration
To request support for a project, the applicant must:
- Be of Monegasque nationality, married to a Monegasque national or have been resident in the Principality for at least 10 years on the date of the request, and be an adult
- Be a representative of an association established in the Principality
If the request is approved, support for a cultural project granted by the State consists of reimbursement of original receipts which have been paid in advance by the applicant during the current year. Receipts must be presented within one month of the event.
Collating the documents
To request support for a cultural project, you will need to submit the following:
- A written request addressed to the Director of Cultural Affairs, indicating the nature of the project, the date and the amount requested
- A complete artistic dossier detailing the project and the planned timeframe for organising it
- A financial dossier setting out the provisional budget and illustrating a significant element of existing funding (personal contribution, sponsors, partners, takings, etc.)
- A detailed CV or an overview of the association
- An identity document:
- For Monegasque applicants, a photocopy of the ID card
- For spouses of Monegasque nationals, a photocopy of the family record booklet
- For residents of the Principality, a certificate proving 10 years of residency in the Principality
- A bank account details
Submitting the application
The application must be submitted to the Department of Cultural Affairs.
Following a review by the Committee on Granting Support for Projects, a response will be sent by letter.