How to request an incentive payment for photovoltaic-type electricity-producing devices
Direction de l'Environnement
3, Avenue de Fontvieille
MC 98013 MONACO
Department of the Environment :
(+377) 98 98 83 41
Opening Hours : from 9.30am to 12.30 and from 1.30pm to 5.00pm from Monday to Friday
Principle and conditions
A grant is available for installing photovoltaic-type electricity-producing devices installed by a professional installer in Monaco.
This grant is:
- Aimed at installations with installed capacity of more than 3kWp
- Guaranteed for 15 years
It can be requested by:
- Any private or public property owner
- A representative of the owners, in the case of joint ownership
- The whole of a co-owned property, which can be comprised of private or public owners, through the managing agent or a representative, in the case of the absence of a legal managing agent
The grant is provided, in principle, on the basis of an application.
For the first year, the amount is:
- 0.36 € excluding taxes per kWh for flat roofs
- 0.53 € excluding taxes per kWh in other cases
The amount of the grant is revised on 1 November every year.
For further information, please refer to the notice published in the Journal de Monaco n° 8223 of 1 May 2015 .
Obtaining and completing the form
To obtain the grant request form, you can:
- Download it here: Photovoltaïque - Demande de versement (389-0005_01-2021)
- Or collect it from Department of the Environment
Collating the documents
The application for the incentive payment must contain two copies of each of the following documents:
- The request form for the agreement in principle, accompanied by the annexe, duly completed
- A declaration of ownership or a copy of the proxy agreement in the case of a representative
- An estimate provided by a professional installer
- A copy of authorisation to undertake the work, issued by the Department of Forward Studies, Urban Planning and Mobility
Submitting the application
The complete application for the agreement in principle must be submitted to the Department of the Environment.
When the application has been examined, the Department of the Environment will notify the applicant of its agreement in principle.
Once the agreement in principle has been notified and the work undertaken, the applicant must submit an application to the Department of the Environment for the incentive payment.
The payment application form can be collected from the Department of the Environment or downloaded by clicking on the following link:
- Ordinance no. 3.647 of 09 September 1966 concerning urban development, building and road works, amended
- Ministerial Decree No. 2013-642 of 20 December 2013 laying down safety rules to be respected when installing photovoltaic-type electrical production devices
- Arrêté Ministériel n° 2021-412 du 7 juin 2021 relatif à l'aide à la production d'électricité photovoltaïque
- Ordinance no. 3.647 of 9 September 1966 concerning urban development, building and road works