How to remove your business from the Trade and Industry Registry
Direction de l'Expansion Économique
9 rue du Gabian
MC 98000 MONACO
Business Development Agency :
(+377) 98 98 98 00
(+377) 98 98 88 12
Fax : (+377) 92 05 75 20
Opening Hours : from 9h30 to 17h00 from monday to friday
Principle and conditions
Any business which terminates its activity must announce its dissolution and name a liquidator.
The appointment of a liquidator is also required when a business is dissolved ipso jure in the following cases:
- Ipso jure dissolution by way of the expiration of the duration of the business
- Ipso jure dissolution due to the lack of regularisation following the conditions established by the article 51-11 of Code de Commerce , par suite du décès d’un associé, de sa mise en cessation de paiements, de sa mise en règlement judiciaire ou en liquidation judiciaire, de sa faillite personnelle, de son incapacité ou son interdiction de gérer
The dissolution of the business prompts an amendment .
When the liquidation operations are complete, the liquidator requests the removal of the business.
The law determines cases in which a business may be dissolved ipso jure without liquidation:
- Decision of the single partner to dissolve the business without liquidation, provided this single partner has all the stocks or shares in their hands
- Ipso jure dissolution without liquidation in the event that all stocks are collected in the hands of one person and in the absence of regularisation within the legal timeframe
- Dissolution without liquidation of a business which has been acquired by another party
Obtaining and completing the form
To get this form, you can either:
- Download here RCI Sociétés - Demande de radiation (modèle S3) (355-0011_01-2014)
- Or collect it from the Business Development Agency
Collating the documents
Below is the list of supporting evidence that needs to be prepared:
- The original minutes of the partners’ or shareholders’ meeting which approved the closing of the liquidation operations registered with the Tax Services
- Two originals of the decision of the sole shareholder to dissolve the company in advance or dissolve it as of right, registered with the Tax Services, as well as the notice in the Journal de Monaco
- Two originals of the minutes of the meetings of the acquiring businesses and the businesses which are being acquired approving the merger or the demerger, an original of the deed registered with the Tax Services, and the notice in the Journal de Monaco
- Original of the authorisation signed by the liquidator, except if the minutes include the power of attorney assigned to the attorney in question
Submitting the documents
All of the documents, including two signed and dated completed copies of the forms in question, in addition to the supporting evidence, are submitted or sent off to the Trade and Industry Registry and to the Business Development Agency.
You must pay the removal fees, which cost 8 euros (attach a cheque made payable to the RCI).
If the documents are sent in the post, then postage fees must be added to these removal fees.