How to declare details relating to the calculation of GDP (Gross Domestic Product)
Institut Monégasque de la Statistique et des Etudes Economiques
9 rue du Gabian
MC 98000 MONACO
Monaco Statistics :
(+377) 98 98 98 88
Fax : (+377) 98 98 87 59
Opening Hours : from 9.30am to 5.00pm from Monday to Friday
Principle and conditions
All economic entities in the Principality must declare information relating to their economic activity to Monaco Statistics (Monegasque Institute of Statistics and Economic Studies) in order to calculate Gross Domestic Product (GDP) as defined in the European System of Accounts.
The declaration must be made by:
- All legal persons governed by private law and all Monegasque public institutions
- All natural persons carrying out, as a self-employed worker, a skilled trade or commercial, industrial or professional activity in the Principality or renting a business or parking lot
- Any individual who rents furnished accommodation, land and non-residential property (such as a business or car park)
- All companies and businesses, whose headquarters are located abroad and who have opened or use an agency or a branch, administrative or representative office in Monaco
- Any foreign (natural or legal) person who occasionally carries out business in the Principality
This declaration must be completed before May 25 of the current year.
The persons concerned by this mandatory survey have a right of access and rectification, which are detailed here :
Receiving the form
Mid-April, Monaco Statistics will send you the paper form in the post, along with an explanatory document. As soon as the form is received, you can make your declaration, either by using the online or paper service.
Should you so desire, you can download the explanatory document again here:
Completing the declaration
By following the link to the online service for completing a declaration of Gross Domestic Product and Gross National Income.
If your paper form is not received or is lost, you can choose:
- Download it here in electronic format: Questionnaire PIB 2018 - Exercice 2017
- Collect it directly from IMSEE
The form must be duly completed, dated, signed and returned to IMSEE in the pre-paid “T” envelope, with the questionnaires enclosed. Alternatively, it can be sent to the Monegasque Institute of Statistics and Economic Studies (IMSEE) via fax, before July 27 of the current year.
- Ministerial Decree no. 2006-220 of 28 April 2006 pertaining to the determination of Gross Domestic Product (GDP) and Gross National Income (GNI)
- Act no. 419 of 07 June 1945 pertaining to statistical measurements
- Ordinance no. 3.095 of 24 January 2011 establishing the Monegasque Institute of Statistics and Economic Studies and of The Scientific Council for Statistics and Economic Studies
- Ministerial Decree no. 2013-155 of 19 March 2013 establishing a statistical measure under the Act no. 419 of 07 June 1945 pertaining to statistical measurements
- H.E. the Minister of State’s decision of 4 June 2013 relating to the implementation by IMSEE of automated processing of personal data for the purpose of “Calculating GDP and GNI in the Principality of Monaco”
- H.E. the Minister of State’s decision of 4 June 2013 relating to the implementation by IMSEE of automated processing of personal data for the purpose of “complete the annual mandatory survey to calculate the Principality’s GDP and GNI online”
- Ministerial Order no. 2018-218 of 21 March 2018 setting out the list of statistical surveys conducted by Monaco Statistics and repealing the Ministerial Decree no. 2017-237 of 10 April 2017