How to apply for a grant for the restoration of notable buildings
Direction de la Prospective, de l'Urbanisme et de la Mobilité
23, Avenue Albert II
MC 98013 - MONACO Cedex
Department of Forward Studies, Urban Planning and Mobility :
(+377) 98 98 22 99
Fax : (+377) 98 98 88 02
Opening Hours : from 08h30 to 12h00 and from 13h30 to 17h30 from Monday to Friday
Principle and conditions
A grant may be paid to owners or co-owners to support and encourage investment (restoration work) on notable buildings identified in the urban planning regulations: See Urban Planning Regulations
This subsidy can be requested by:
- The owner
- The managing agent of the property, mandated by its co-owner
To benefit from the State subsidy, the work must be carried out by a company located in the Principality of Monaco.
The aid is granted, in principle, on the basis of an application file.
It amounts to 30% of the cost of the work, including taxes, with a ceiling of EUR 20,000, paid directly to the business on completion of the work, carried out before 30 June 2021.
Obtaining and completing the form
To get this form you can either:
- Download it here: Demander une subvention pour restauration du bâti remarquable
- Or collect it from Department of Forward Studies, Urban Planning and Mobility
Collating the documents
- A certificate of ownership or the minutes of the General Meeting of the co-owners of the building concerned
- For work that is subject to administrative authorisation, the reference of the planning permission or the administrative letter authorising the works
- A detailed estimate drawn up by a company located in the Principality of Monaco
- The nature of the work and/or the technical factsheets of the materials to be used, showing that the restoration and improvement work mentioned will be carried out with respect for the notable building (examples: use of mineral paint, traditional render, replacement of shutters and entrance doors, repair of ornamental features or decorations, correction of inappropriate alterations, type of tiles or roof covering, cleaning of parts of façades and walls that cannot be restored, rainwater downpipes, etc.). The awarding of this subsidy is conditional upon the use of materials and techniques that respect the architecture of the original building
- The company's bank account details
Submitting the application
The application should be sent to the Department of Forward Studies, Urban Planning and Mobility.
Direction de la Prospective, de l’Urbanisme et de la Mobilité
23, avenue Albert II – BP 609
(3rd floor above the Fontvieille pharmacy)
98013 MONACO Cedex
On the basis of the file, the Department will give its agreement, if the conditions are met, and will indicate the amount that it will contribute.
The State will make a payment directly to the business on the basis of an invoice, following the completion of the work.