How to request a grant for alterations to an apartment
Division de l'Inclusion Sociale et du Handicap
23 avenue Albert II
2nd floor by the elevators to the right of Fontvieille's pharmacy
Department of Social Welfare and Social Services :
(+377) 98 98 41 00
Opening Hours : from 9.30am to 5.00pm from Monday to Friday
Principle and conditions
Grants may be awarded to Monegasque nationals and residents of the Principality who are aged 65 or over to carry out alterations in their homes in Monaco. This grant, paid directly to the company on presentation of the invoice, can be requested by the tenant or owner under the following conditions:
- 20% of the cost of work, capped at €2,000 per home, for those over 65
- 20% of the cost of work, capped at €1,500 per home, for those under 65
To qualify for a government grant, the work must be carried out by a company based in the Principality of Monaco.
The assistance is granted, in principle, on the basis of an application.
The amount available is 20% of the total cost of work, including taxes, capped at €2,000. It is paid directly to the company on presentation of the invoice.
Obtaining and completing the form
To get this form you can either:
- Download it here: Demande de subvention relative à la réalisation de travaux (367-0005_01-2020)
- Collect it from Department of Social Welfare and Social Services - Social Inclusion and Disability Office
Collating the documents
The form, duly completed, must be accompanied by the following documents:
- A copy of Monegasque ID or residence permit
- A certificate of ownership or a copy of the rental lease
- The company's bank details
- A detailed quote drawn up by the professional who is to carry out the work, mentioning the date of payment of the balance
Submitting the application
The application should be sent to the Department of Social Welfare and Social Services - Social Inclusion and Disability Office.
Having examined the application, the Office will give its agreement, if the conditions are met, and will specify the amount of the subsidy that it will contribute.
The State will pay the amount of its contribution directly to the company, on the basis of an invoice.