How to send a worker from France on secondment to Monaco
Service de l'Emploi
2 rue princesse Antoinette
MC 98000 Monaco
Ms Véronique JOUBERT-DENIS :
(+377) 98 98 87 07
Opening Hours : From Monday to Friday by appointment
Principle and conditions
Thanks to the secondment procedure, an employee from France, who comes to work in Monaco for a specific period on behalf of your company, can remain registered within the French social security system.
Companies, craftsperson or subcontractors who are not established in Monaco and wish to carry out work on public or private construction sites must also make an application for site authorisation with the Business Development Agency.
Writing to the Employment Office
You must write to the Employment Office giving the following details:
- The exact dates of the secondment (beginning and end)
- The name and address of the site and a copy of the site permit
- The ID and French Social Security number of the employees on secondment
- The status of the employees
Submitting the form
You must submit one copy of the form to:
- Your employee at the moment of his/her departure (he/she must retain this copy during the secondment)
- To the relevant CPAM for information purposes, within 24 hours of the beginning of the secondment period
Obtaining and completing the form
To obtain the form S3208 “Maintien au régime français de sécurité sociale d'un travailleur salarié détaché hors du territoire français”, you can:
Submitting the form
You must submit the first copy of this form to the CPAM of the head office of your company and give the second to your employee.
After the request has been approved, the health insurance fund will send you the authorisation of secondment in duplicate, as stipulated by the bilateral convention on social security between France and Monaco of 28/02/1952.
Give a copy of the form to your employee.
Collating the documents
You must provide the following details to the Employment Office:
- The authorisation of secondment issued and validated, for the duration of the work, by the CPAM by which you are covered for each employee on secondment (form SE/138-01 – Certificate of liability)
- A photocopy of the ID card of the employees on secondment as well as their address during the period of the secondment and a description of the category of employee
- A copy of the site permit issued by the Business Development Agency in Monaco if applicable
Submitting the application
You must submit your application to the Employment Office at the earliest possible date before the beginning of the secondment.