Service de l'Emploi
2 rue princesse Antoinette
MC 98000 Monaco
Employement Office :
(+377) 98 98 88 14
Opening Hours : From Monday to Friday by appointment
An apprenticeship consists of alternating between in-company training and theoretical training in order to obtain a State-recognised qualification. Its duration must therefore be the same as the time required to study for the qualification.
The initiative is now a resounding success. It has several advantages:
- For the firm, it means that a young person can be trained, initiated in working methods and company culture, their progress assessed, and perhaps later be recruited under a contract of employment
- For the young person, it enables them to both have theoretical training by attending a training centre, and practical training in the company. In this way they acquire some professional experience - which is essential when they will later look for work - and at the same time study for a qualification, and be paid on the basis of a percentage of the minimum wage which varies according to their age and the duration of the apprenticeship
Many apprenticeships lead to employment, since the young person already knows the firm, its products or clients and has already proved his/her worth.
Type of employee
Apprenticeships and training/work-experience contracts are for young people from 16 to 26 years old, whatever their level of studies, wishing to continue their training (from CAP to DESS) whilst benefiting from professional experience.
The firm must pay the apprentice using the scale in force, which varies according to the apprentice's age and level of training (See Circular letter no. 2018-03 of 2 January pertaining to Minimum pay for an apprentice(s) who is (are) under an apprenticeship contract(s), applicable as of 1 January 2018)
The firm must pay the apprentice's training fees.
Assistance offered by the Employment Office
You can contact the Youth Employment Unit that will help you look for and select candidates that meet your needs.
The Employment Office, as part of the application of Sovereign Ordinance no. 1.727 of 9 July 2008 pertaining to the financing terms for expenses associated with the theoretical training of apprentices, offers financial subsidies for young Monegasques and denizens:
- Refund of training fees up to 100 % for apprentices of Monegasque nationality, spouses of Monegasques, children of Monegasques or those domiciled in Monaco having attended school in the Principality for at least three years in secondary education
- Refund of training fees up to 50 % for apprentices domiciled in neighbouring "communes" that have attended school in the Principality for at least three years in secondary education
- Refund of employers' contributions when the apprentice is taken on a permanent basis, for two years under a permanent contract of employment or a fixed-term contract of two years and if the apprentice is domiciled in Monaco or the neighbouring "communes".
- Sovereign Ordinance no. 1.727 of 9 July 2008 pertaining to the financing terms for expenses associated with the theoretical training of apprentices
- Act no. 1.341 of 03 December 2007 pertaining to apprenticeships
- Ministerial Decree no. 2008-352 of 9 July 2008 determining the structure of the offer of apprenticeship
- Ministerial Decree no. 2008-356 of 9 July 2008 pertaining to the early termination of an apprenticeship
- Ministerial Decree no. 2008-355 of 9 July 2008 determining the structure of the end of apprenticeship certificate
- Sovereign Ordinance no. 1.726 of 9 July 2008 determining the form, legal notices and terms of an apprenticeship contract
- Minimum pay for an apprentice(s) who is (are) under an apprenticeship contract(s), applicable as of 1 January 2018
- S.M.I.C. 2018
- Circular letter no. 2018-1 of 2 January 2018 pertaining to the SMIC, the Statutory Minimum Wage, which is applicable as of 1 January 2018