Service de l'Emploi
2 rue princesse Antoinette
MC 98000 Monaco
Employment Office :
(+377) 98 98 88 14
Opening Hours : From Monday to Friday by appointment
Aims of apprenticeships
Apprenticeships are intended to facilitate the integration of young people (aged 16–26) into the world of work.
Sandwich courses allow students to study for a qualification (from CAP to Bac+5 level) and to gain their first real professional experience, while being paid for the duration of their studies. A table showing the pay scales is available here .
Sandwich courses also mean that students receive training which is directly relevant to the needs of businesses. They narrow the gap between the world of education and the world of work.
For a number of years, apprenticeship opportunities have been expanding primarily at the post-baccalaureate level, reflecting the high employment rates of apprentices.
In Monaco, the Youth Employment Unit (Cellule Emploi-Jeunes, CEJ) within the Employment Office is responsible for apprenticeships. The Youth Employment Unit’s role is to help young Monegasques, or residents of the Principality and surrounding areas who have studied in Monaco, to find a company which may be able to host them as part of this programme. The unit also maintains administrative records associated with apprenticeships. Once a contract is signed, the Youth Employment Unit monitors apprentices in post, making regular visits to the company.
If you are interested in an apprenticeship, you can find more information here .
If you are a representative of a company which would like to take on an apprentice, click here .
Annual Forum on Sandwich Courses
Organised every year by the Employment Office and the Youth Employment Unit, under the auspices of the Ministry of Health and Social Affairs, this information day aimed at future students has a number of objectives:
- To provide information regarding apprenticeship training programmes and sandwich courses available at the region’s main educational institutions (CFA Carros, high schools, EDHEC, the University of Nice, etc.)
- To highlight those Monegasque companies which take on apprentices
- To provide visitors with opportunities to talk to professionals from the banking sector, information on jobs and careers in this sector and a chance to register for the next "Bac +3 level qualification, Bachelor Business Administration option Monaco Banking & Financial Services" (See below)
- To offer a workshop "CV and letter of motivation" to help students prepare their applications
The Forum is becoming more and more successful with every year. In 2017, more than 500 visitors attended to find out more about 80 educational institutions and companies and 27 Monegasque companies (including 14 banks and management companies).
The Forum is held during the first term of the year. To find out the date of the next event, take a look at the calendar .
Discovering careers in banking and finance: The Bac +3 level qualification, Bachelor Business Administration option Monaco Banking & Financial Services
The Forum includes a specific area dedicated to the "Bac +3 level qualification, Bachelor Business Administration option Monaco Banking & Financial Services" – for more information on this qualification, see this page .
Honouring apprentices and companies: the Apprenticeship Trophies
The aim of this prize, awarded by the Minister of Health and Social Affairs, is to recognise and reward two young apprentices who have obtained their diploma and entered the world of work, demonstrating an exceptionally high standard both in their studies and in their professional life.
Apprenticeships would, however, be impossible without the involvement and commitment of the business community. The Apprenticeship Trophies therefore also reward professionals who have shown a commitment to offering work-based training.
In addition, a special jury prize is awarded.
- Circular n° 2018-16 of 27 December 2018 on the Statutory Minimum Wage (Salaire Minimum Interprofessionnel de Croissance, SMIC) which came into force on 1st January 2019
- Circular letter no. 2018-18 of 27 December 2018 pertaining to minimum pay for an apprentice(s) who is (are) under an apprenticeship contract(s), applicable as of 1 January 2019
- Circulaire n° 2018-17 du 27 décembre 2018 relative au SMIC Salaire Minimum Interprofessionnel de Croissance applicable à compter du 1er janvier 2019