Service de l'Emploi - Cellule Emploi-Jeunes
2 rue princesse Antoinette
MC 98000 Monaco
Youth Employment Unit :
(+377) 98 98 41 78
Opening Hours : By appointment from Monday to Friday.
Internship is practical training forming part of studies. It enables theoretical knowledge to be put into practice whilst acquiring real professional experience.
Many training courses now include internships in their programs. Choosing the right training course is essential for students - especially since if the internship is carried out at the end of studies, it can lead to a first job.
In accordance with Circular letter no. 07.03 of 26 February 2007 pertaining to internships in companies, the Employment Office must be notified when a company is hosting an intern: please consult the procedure Hosting an intern
Type of employee
Mandatory internship concerns students enrolled with a school, university or institution approved by the National Education system, who have to work in a firm for specific periods defined by their institution. All kinds of training are involved.
In this case, trainees maintain their status as pupils or students throughout the duration of the internship under the following conditions:
- Trainees must remain under the supervision of their teaching institution
- An internship agreement must be signed between the teaching institution, the company and the trainee or their legal representative
- The firm must not make any direct profit from the trainee's presence and must offer them work experience forming part of the training programme defined by the teaching institution
- The trainee is not eligible for any remuneration
Non mandatory internship / placements not meeting the conditions for mandatory internship
In this case, trainees are considered to be salaried workers.
The host company is subject to the regulations for recruiting salaried workers:
- Obtaining an authorisation to hire staff and a work permit
- Compliance with the legal or collective bargaining provisions relating to salaried workers
- Registering the trainee with the social security organisations
- Paying contributions
- Taking out "work-related accident and occupational illness" insurance
No remuneration is required. However, a small bonus or premium may be paid by the employer if it remains within the limitations established by the Monegasque social security organisations.
Non mandatory internship
The firm is subject to compliance with the legal or collective bargaining provisions relating to salaried workers.
Assistance provided by the Youth Employment Unit
You can contact the Youth Employment Unit that will assist you in finding and selecting candidates according to the company's needs and the duties to be carried out by the trainee.
The Unit will select and send you any CVs that might be of interest to you.