How to apply for a roof insulation subsidy
Direction de l'Environnement
5 rue du Gabian
Department of the Environment :
(+377) 98 98 83 41
Opening Hours : from 9.30am to 12.30 and from 1.30pm to 5.00pm from Monday to Friday
Principle and conditions
Principle and conditions
Aid may be granted to owners who wish to carry out energy-saving work by insulating flat roofs, unconverted loft space or pitched roofs in their building(s) located in Monaco.
This aid is applicable to the installation of thermal insulation (including the cost of supply), as well as the work involved (work that is inseparably linked to and necessary for the installation of thermal insulation in accordance with best industry practice and/or to ensure the intrinsic performance of the materials).
The buildings concerned must have been completed at least 10 years ago at the time of the application.
Applications may be made by:
- The owner in his or her own name
- An agent for undivided joint ownership, in the case of multiple ownership
- A legal entity as owner
- The entire condominium, which may be made up of private or public owners, through its managing agent, or its representative, in the absence of a condominium managing agent
Aid is granted, in principle, on the basis of an application file.
The amount is fixed, per building, at 35% of the cost of the works, including all taxes, up to a limit of EUR 50,000.
The total amount allocated to the same beneficial owner, as set out in Act no. 1.381 of 29 June 2011 pertaining to registration duties which are payable on transfers of property assets and rights, may not exceed €120,000, regardless of the number of applications.
When a construction company established in the Principality of Monaco is used to carry out the insulation work, bonuses of 5% of the cost of the subsidised work, including all taxes, and EUR 10,000 with regard to the maximum amount, will be added to the basic amount.
When the insulation used is of fossil-based or mineral origin, reductions of 10% of the cost, including all taxes, of the subsidised work and of EUR 15,000 with regard to the maximum amount, will be deducted from the subsidy.
This refers to mineral wool, rock wool, polystyrene, etc.
The above-mentioned reductions and bonuses can be cumulated.
It should be noted that the work, to be completed and invoiced before 31 December 2021, must be carried out exclusively by a company established in the Principality of Monaco. This company may take the place of the applicant in the administrative procedures, so as to receive the grant directly, and deduct these sums from the total amount to be paid by the beneficiary.
From 1 January 2022, the work may also be carried out by a foreign company holding "RGE" green certification awarded by the QUALIBAT organisation, or equivalent.
Technical characteristics of the insulation
The insulation must comply with the following characteristics:
|Surfaces||Minimum thermal R resistance||Types of adaptation possible|
The minimum thermal resistance may be reduced to 4.5 watts per square metre Kelvin (W/m².K) where:
(a) The thickness of the insulation thickness involves a change to the door or window frames, or the ned to raise guardrails or technical equipment
(b) Or the thickness of the insulation no longer allows the minimum height of the rainwater drainage and upstands to be adhered to
(c) Or the thickness of the insulation and the type of insulation used means that the permissible load limits of the structure are exceeded
|Floors of loft space||6,5|
|Pitched roofs with a slope of less than 60 degrees||6||The minimum thermal resistance may be reduced to 4 watts per square metre Kelvin (W/m².K), where, in residential premises, the insulation work results in a reduction in the corrected surface area (surface hors œuvre corrigée) of the premises concerned of more than 5% due to the thickness of the insulation|
|Pitched roofs with a slope of more than 60 degrees||2,5||
The minimum thermal resistance may be reduced to 2 watts per square metre Kelvin (W/m².K) in the following cases:
(a) In residential premises, the insulation work results in a reduction of the corrected surface area (surface hors œuvre corrigée) of the premises concerned of more than 5% due to the thickness of the insulation
(b) Or the construction system consists of a double metal skin
Obtaining and completing the form
To obtain the form for requesting the subsidy, you can:
- Download it here: Demande de subvention : Isolation des toitures (389-0028_01-2021)
- Collect it from Department of the Environment
Collating the documents
The application file must contain the following documents:
- A certificate of ownership or a copy of power of attorney in the case of representation by a proxy
- For condominiums, a copy of the proceedings of the general meeting at which the work was approved, mentioning the agent appointed to represent the co-owners
- A certificate specifying the principal beneficial owner(s) of the legal entity that owns the property, where the property is not owned by a natural person, or by the joint ownership of natural persons
- A bank account details
- A detailed invoice drawn up by the professional who carried out the work, stating:
- The address of the building in which the insulation work has been carried out
- The thickness and thermal conductivity (in watts per metre-Kelvin) of the insulation installed
- Photos taken before and after the work
- In the event that the subsidy is claimed by the company that carried out the work:
- A mandate signed by the owner authorising the company to carry out the administrative procedures on his or her behalf and collect the subsidy directly
- The total amount before the subsidy, the amount of the subsidy and the net amount must be indicated on a detailed invoice, which must be signed by the beneficiary
The Department of the Environment may request any additional document it considers necessary for the examination of the application from the beneficiary referred to in Section I of this article.
Submitting the application for requesting the subsidy
Applications for the subsidy must be made to the Department of the Environment.
Payment of the aid is subject to approval of this file.
For any further information, please contact the Department of the Environment by email firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone (+377) 98 98 83 41.