How to domicile a business
Direction de l'Expansion Économique
9 rue du Gabian
MC 98000 MONACO
Ms. Julie BOGLIARI :
(+377) 98 98 84 50
Fax : (+377) 92 05 75 20
Opening Hours : Open from 9.30 am to 5 pm from Monday to Friday
Obtaining and completing the form
To get this form, you can either:
- Download it here Notice about forcasted office (09-2022)
- Collect it from the Business Development Agency
Collating the documents
You must provide:
- A completed copy of the form entitled "Information notice regarding the premises"
- The tenure status of the premises, as well as, depending on the circumstances:
- A copy of the lease registered with the Department of Tax Services (commercial lease or lease for office and/or mixed use, or lease for residential use
- The original deed of assignment of business assets or leasehold rights registered with the Department of Tax Services
- The original agreement to assign business assets or leasehold rights
- A copy of the State occupancy agreement
- A certificate of ownership drawn up by a notary within the last three months
- A copy of the contract entered into with a business centre
- If the operator or manager plans to conduct their activity in a place of residence, within the context of a residential tenancy agreement, written permission from the owner is required
- If the business is accommodated within the premises of another company
- The agreement of the property owner
- The agreement of principal lessee (sublease agreement registered with the Department of Tax Services or certificate attesting that the premises are being provided free of charge)
- Plan of premises, indicating the total surface area, and the location, area and staff for each company
In the case of certain types of business, additional supporting evidence may be requested, for example:
- A document showing the tenure status of premises for storage purposes in Monaco or in the neighbouring communes of the Alpes Maritimes region
In cases where the business activity is carried out by a sole-trader with no employees, an exemption may be granted if the operator owns a professional vehicle that can be used for storage purposes and a parking space in Monaco (proof required).
- Proof of parking spaces for each vehicle
Receiving a visit from the Technical Commission
Commercial or office premises are visited by members of the Technical Commission for hygiene, security and environmental protection.
They check if these premises comply with the legal and regulatory hygiene, security and environmental protection standards in force.
After this visit, the Commission makes its decision.
They may notify they contractor of any action required in order to comply with the hygiene, security or environmental protection regulations in force.
Places of residence and offices in business centers are not inspected.
For work requiring an authorisation, an application must be submitted to the Business Development Agency and the Department of Forward Studies, Urban Planning and Mobility (by a Principality approved architect).
When the Technical Commission to which this works application was referred, approves the application, the authorisation to exercise may be granted, so long as the owner provides a written commitment to not start to exercise his activity until the premises have been checked by the competent Commission.
- Ordinance No. 2.214 of 09 June 2009 on the creation and organization of the Technical Commission for Hygiene, Security and Environmental Protection
- Ministerial Decree no. 2009-412 of 7 August 2009 laying down the structure of the Technical Commission for hygiene, security and environmental protection