How to declare a business to the Department of Tax Services
Direction des Services Fiscaux
57 rue Grimaldi
MC 98000 MONACO
Department of Tax Services :
(+377) 98 98 81 21
(+377) 98 98 81 22
Fax : (+ 377) 98 98 81 55
Opening Hours : from 9h30 to 17h00 from Monday to Friday
Principle and conditions
As soon as the authorisation to carry out a business activity has been granted or a receipt of declaration has been received, any company established in Monaco must be declared to the Department of Tax Services. Declaration of the existence of a company is an obligatory formality stipulated in article 66 of the Turnover Tax Code.
There is no charge for this formality. The declaration is made directly to the Department of Tax Services, at the Tax Division counter.
Obtaining and completing the form
To get this form you can either:
- Download it here Régime TVA (353-0019_01-2018)
- Or collect it from the Department of Tax Services
Collating the documents
In order to declare the start of your activity, you must provide :
- Proof of Statistical Identification Number (NIS) registration with the Monegasque Institute of Statistics and Economic Studies (Monaco Statistics)
- A copy of the company’s entry in the Trade and Industry Registry
- A completed printout of the “Régime TVA” form
- If necessary, written authorisation for your representative to carry out the declaration on your behalf
Submitting the application
The application should be submitted to the Department of Tax Services, at the Tax Division counter. You will then be asked to fill in a form declaring the start of your activity.