How to obtain an access permit for Monaco Ville
Direction de la Sûreté Publique
9, rue Suffren Reymond
MC 98000 MONACO
Police Department :
(+377) 93 15 30 15
Fax : (+377) 93 50 65 47
Principle and conditions
If you have a vehicle with new French registration plates and you wish to gain access to the "Rocher" (for example, if you are the parent of a pupil living in France, a trader, you are Government official or you are employed in a business that is situated on the "Rocher", etc.), you must obtain a permanent access permit to enter Monaco Ville. This pass is for anyone whose vehicle is registered in the Alpes Maritimes and also for residents of the Alpes Maritimes who may have chosen to register their vehicle in another Department.
The permit is valid for one year, so you must reapply annually if necessary.
Obtaining and completing the form
To get the form, you can either:
- Download it here Demande de délivrance de macaron d'accès permanent à Monaco-Ville (322-0013_01-2009)
- Or collect it from the Police Department
Collating the documents
To obtain a permanent access permit for Monaco Ville, you must provide:
- The "Demande de délivrance de macaron d'accès permanent à Monaco-Ville" form
- A copy of the registration certificate of the relevant vehicle
- A document justifying your request (e.g. a school enrolment certificate for parents of pupils, etc.)
Submitting the application and obtaining your permit
You should submit the complete application to the guard room of the Police Department.
If you have provided all the necessary documents and these have been deemed satisfactory, the officer on reception will issue the permit immediately.