How to apply for registration of a two- or three-wheeled motor vehicle, known as a "Motorcycle on request"
Service des Titres de Circulation
23, Avenue Albert II
MC 98014 MONACO CEDEX
Driver and Vehicle Licensing Office :
(+377) 98 98 80 14
Fax : (+377) 98 98 40 36
Opening Hours : from 9.30am to 5.00pm from Monday to Friday
Principle and conditions
All holders of an administrative authorisation may register a two- or three-wheeled motor vehicle, known as a "motorcycle on request".
The administrative authorisation may stipulate, for each holder, the number of vehicles that may be put into service.
Such administrative authorisation can only be issued to individuals who hold a specialist qualification in the field of tourism, passenger transport or trade, or, failing this, can prove that they have at least three years’ experience as a director or manager in a company operating in the tourism, passenger transport or trade sectors.
Professional driving of a two- or three-wheeled motor vehicle, known as a "motorcycle on request", is subject to the issuance of a professional licence corresponding to the category of the vehicle.
The authorisation and the professional licence (see the procedure: How to request a professional licence ) ) are issued by decision of the Minister of State.
Two- or three-wheeled motor vehicles known as "motorcycles on request" must have a self-adhesive sticker affixed. This sticker is issued by the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Office.
It states the registration number.
It must be affixed to the vehicle in such a way as to be visible and to enable it to be checked by the competent authorities.
Two- or three-wheeled motor vehicles known as "motorcycles on request" must be proven to be less than four years old from the date of first entry into service.
An annual maintenance certificate must be given to the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Office before the vehicle is put into service and then annually thereafter.
All registrations are recorded in a register of registrations, leading to the issue of a certificate and a registration plate (rear) with sticker. Although a front plate can still be issued on request.
The registration plates must be permanently fixed to the vehicle in the spaces provided for this purpose.
The certificate and registration plate indicate the number assigned to the vehicle as well as the validity period of the registration, which will be until 31 December of the current year, or 31 December of the following year if the vehicle is registered between 1 October and 31 December.
Registration can be renewed for another year during the annual renewal period. See the following factsheet for details: How to renew your annual car sticker
Should you fail to renew registration or validate the maintenance certificate by the required deadlines, the vehicle will be deregistered in accordance with the conditions established by ministerial decree. The owner of the vehicle must then return the certificate and registration plate, and pay the relevant administrative fees as stipulated by ministerial decree. The vehicle is no longer authorised to drive on the roads.
There is a fee associated with this service - Please see STC-Tarifs 2021 en vigueur
Formulating the request
The application to register must be sent to the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Office using the appropriate form, duly completed and signed.
The form may be:
Application to register a professional vehicle (STC007) (385-0040_03-2020)
Application to register a long-term rental vehicle (385-0046_01-2020)
Application for WW MC – WW 2 MC temporary registration (STC024) (385-0020_01-2020)
Taxis - Véhicules de remise - Véhicules de service de ville - Attestation d'assurance (STC080) (385-0035_03-2017)
- Collected from the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Office
Collating the documents
The application to register must be accompanied by the following documents:
- A copy of the Trade and Industry Registry dated of less than 3 months
- The documents relating to the vehicle. Please refer to the procedures "How to register a new vehicle " and "How to register a used vehicle "
- A maintenance certificate issued by a professional who is qualified in the maintenance of two- or three-wheeled motor vehicles, the manufacturer of the vehicle or a garage approved by the manufacturer
- A specific insurance certificate: Taxis - Véhicules de remise - Véhicules de service de ville - Attestation d'assurance (STC080) (385-0035_03-2017)
- A payment, to be made by cash, cheque or postal order (clearable in Monaco or France), made out to the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Office and Visa or Mastercard bank cards only, in accordance with the current fee schedule
Submitting the application
You should submit the complete application without appointment to the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Office.
The registration plate for vehicles from Monaco or France, a sticker stating the registration number and a receipt for payment will be issued.
Collecting the certificate and registration plates
The certificate and registration plates, if applicable, are available within 72 hours of receipt of the file, at the reception desk of the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Office on presentation of the payment receipt.
- Certificate of sale or transfer of a second-hand vehicle (385-0017_01-2019) 389 kB
- Application for WW MC – WW 2 MC temporary registration (STC024) (385-0020_01-2020) 375 kB
- Application to register a professional vehicle (STC007) (385-0040_03-2020) 448 kB
- Application to register a long-term rental vehicle (385-0046_01-2020) 520 kB
- Taxis - Véhicules de remise - Véhicules de service de ville - Attestation d'assurance (STC080) (385-0035_03-2017) 268 kB
- STC-Tarifs 2021 en vigueur 107 kB
- Ordinance no. 1.720 of 04 July 2008 relating to the regulation of taxis, chauffeur-driven vehicles, official city vehicles and motorcycles on request
- Ministerial Decree no. 2012-583 of 5 October 2012 relating to the annual maintenance declaration provided for in Article 38-4 of the Ordinance 1.720 of 04 July 2008 relating to the regulation of taxis, chauffeur-driven vehicles, official city vehicles and motorcycles on request, amended
- Article 103 of Highway Code
- Council Directive on the common system of value added tax
- Article 102 of Highway Code
- Ministerial Decree No. 78-5 of 09 January 1978 regarding motor vehicle registration