How to apply for temporary registration of a vehicle
Service des Titres de Circulation
23, Avenue Albert II
MC 98014 MONACO CEDEX
Driver and Vehicle Licensing Office :
(+377) 98 98 80 14
Fax : (+377) 98 98 40 36
Opening Hours : from 9.30am to 5.00pm from Monday to Friday
Principle and conditions
The following vehicles may be registered in the temporary category:
- Vehicles that are to be registered in the Principality and must first undergo a technical inspection
- Vehicles that are to be registered in the Principality and must first undergo individual or single vehicle type approval at the DREAL PACA
- Vehicles purchased in the Principality of Monaco by buyers domiciled outside the Principality for use abroad
- Vehicles awaiting registration in the temporary transit and diplomatic categories
Following temporary registration, a registration certificate and self-adhesive strips (blue with white characters) will be issued. These must be affixed to the vehicle in the spaces provided for the registration plates.
The aforesaid certificate and self-adhesive strips indicate the number assigned to the vehicle, the period of validity and the category to which it belongs:
- The WW category for new or second-hand vehicles that are to be registered in the Principality of Monaco or in France; it enables the vehicle to be driven only in the Principality of Monaco and in France during the specified period of validity
- The WW2 category for new vehicles purchased duty free in the Principality of Monaco or for second-hand vehicles exported to countries other than France; it enables the vehicle to be driven in all States, it being specified that, for it to be driven internationally, a vehicle driven with a WW2 number must be covered by an international certificate for motor vehicles
All goods vehicles or public transport vehicles covered by a WW2 number must be driven unladen.
The period of validity for temporary registrations, which cannot be extended or renewed for the same vehicle in the name of the same person, is:
- One calendar month for vehicles that are to be registered in the Principality
- Two months for vehicles exported to France and other States
Temporary registration certificates are issued by the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Office or through the intermediary of an automobile professional; only the procedure for applications to the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Office is described below.
There is a fee associated with this service - Please see STC - Tarifs 2021 en vigueur
Formulating the request
The request must be sent to the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Office using the appropriate form, duly completed and signed.
The form may be:
- Downloaded online Application for WW MC – WW 2 MC temporary registration (STC024) (385-0020_01-2020)
- Collected from the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Office
Collating the documents
Applications for temporary registration must be accompanied by the following documents:
- The file for the registration, sale/transfer or export of the vehicle
- The payment, to be made by cash, cheque or postal order (clearable in Monaco or France), made out to the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Office and Visa or Mastercard bank cards only, in accordance with the current fee schedule
Submitting the application
You should submit the complete application without appointment to the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Office. The self-adhesive strips and a receipt for payment will be issued.
Collecting the temporary registration certificate
The temporary registration certificate, accompanied by an international certificate in the case of temporary registration in the WW2 category, is available within 72 hours of receipt of the file, at the reception desk of the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Office on presentation of the payment receipt.
- STC - Tarifs 2021 en vigueur 107 kB